Wow! It is time to say good-bye to 2013 and hello to 2014. I can hardly believe that 2013 is on its way out and I find myself reflecting back to what 2013 truly delivered for me personally and professionally. I had some great wins as well as some teachable moments throughout this year.
Many people are scrambling around trying to find that perfect resolution to kick off 2014, but this is not going to be the case for me this year. You see, throughout my work on earth, I have found that giving myself “permission” and being “intentional” is much more appropriate, so that I continue to live the life I was designed and destined to live.
Have you set your intentions for 2014? Do you know why it is important to be intentional? Intentions serve as a vehicle in helping you sustain amazing control in your life. It is like a set plan of action that you have not only committed to, but you have adopted as truth. When you do not have clear intentions outlined, you can find yourself going down all sorts of crazy paths and this will lead to frustration, low outcomes, and even feelings of defeat.
Link your intentions to your dreams. Dreams can be big or small and they can change. The point is to go after them, but to be intentional in the process by creating the clear connection from your heart to your mind, so that you are unstoppable!
Do you want to know how you can set your 2014 intentions? I am so glad that you do! Here are a few helpful pointers that will lead you in the right direction:
- Take time to gain clarity on what you desire to accomplish in your personal life and in your professional life.
- Select an accountability partner or coach that has a vested interest in you and who will help keep you from derailing from your marvelous plan.
- Take action! Whether big or small, take action daily, which is exactly living life on purpose and with purpose.
- Track your progress! If you are like me, you like results. So, why not track your progress on how you are staying “intentional” about meeting your dreams?
- Celebrate small and big wins! When you are staying focused, you will “for sure” see results. When you see results, celebrate them! You do not have to have elaborate celebrations or all the money in the world to give yourself permission to celebrate, just celebrate!
- Simplify + systemize your life, so that you are not stuck in “overwhelm and constant chaos.” When you are stressed out, you can lose sight of your dreams, which basically means you are derailing from your intentions!
- Have a glass of champagne tonight and celebrate your intentions!
Here is an example of one of my intentions this year. I am being intentional about my environment. I am setting intentions around my surroundings and what I will allow in my personal and professional environment.
Let’s recap! Remember, a resolution if a firm decision and an intention is opening your heart and mind to endless possibilities around what you want. I remember the days when I would set a resolution of exercising “X” amount of days per week or hanging my clean clothes up after I tried on my 7th outfit for the day! However, I found that living intentionally is more freeing. For me, intentions are so much bigger than resolutions, because you are “allowing” shifts, changes, and possibilities. I also believe that intentions help me “be” rather than “do.”
Before I let you go and wish you a safe New Year’s Eve, I wanted to also invite you to answer the following questions:
- Where did you think you would be by 12/31/2013 in your personal and professional life?
- What will you “be” intentional about in 2014 that you let go of in 2013 that you shouldn’t have?
- What limiting beliefs are you ready to leave behind in 2013?
- What risk are you willing to make for yourself, for love, or for your business in 2014?
Happy New Year, friends! I love having you in my life!